Thursday, December 29, 2016

60 New Things I’ve Discovered About Myself at 21 years




I recently announced my age on my social media channels and trust friends and foe to come out in their full regalia and paraphernalia to contest, deny, challenge and counter my declared age and without any birth certificate proof.

Is it your age?

That’s by the way. I will admit that as I age, my morbidity level keeps rising and sees me asking myself within the privacy of my thoughts: Will I still be alive by this time next year? That is the most potent question I always ask myself every December 29th. We see lots of young people falling off the line daily due to one reason or the other and we are forced to ask why them and thanking God we are spared.  

Most times, when I wake on my birthday, I always start off moody and today was no exception. I had woken around 1:00am and to combat the mood I woke with, I played around on my phone with Candy Crush Saga for 3 hours while nursing some mundane thoughts on whether I had achieved all I had personally set to achieve from the previous year’s birthday. The answer was a resounding no. But I was glad I was still able to achieve some.

And as  I unarguably age gracefully like fine wine, I keep re-discovering new things about myself and hopefully will get people to understand my weirdness, aloofness and occasional queer habits.



1. I hate small talks.

2. The older I get, the less I now need approval for anything I say or do.

3. My temper is still very hot.

4. I get bored easily.

5. I don’t like unintelligent people. And yes, I am still an intellectual snob.

6. I am very comfortable being alone for hours and undisturbed. I discovered my daughter has inherited this from me.

7. I dislike talkative people.

8. There is power in silence and it’s a mantra I go by daily.

9. If I have my earpiece on, I don’t like being spoken to.

10. I hate people who feel the need to touch you when they want to talk to you.

11. I am very ambitious.

12. Loyalty means everything to me.

13. I don’t forgive easily.

14. I can smell b**s**t even if it’s clothed in the most expensive Jimmy Choos or Tims.

15. I became more tolerant of children after I became a mum.

16. I always know more than I will ever admit.

17. I have a very rotten mind.

18. I am a very shy person

19. I am extremely confident.

20. Domestic violence gets my blood boiling.

21. If I ever catch a criminal that has caused bodily harm or fatal injury to someone I love, I doubt I will hand him/her over to the police immediately. Or ever…..

22. I cry when watching emotional movies

23. Secrets shared with me are safer than a bank’s vault

24. I’m a Ruth Abokoku

25. Family is everything to me

26. I have very few friends

27. I still don’t know how to twerk

28. I still snore when I sleep

29. Recruitment process in Nigeria is very messed up and needs a serious overhaul.

30. Many graduates in Nigeria are unemployable

31. Life is never going to be fair to people afraid of taking risks.

32. I invest a lot of time in reading.

33. I still do not attend parties I’m not directly invited to.

34. I’ve learned to do what will make me happy.

35. The width of my circle of friends is proportionate to the level of my bulls**t intolerance.

36. I don’t like a lot of people.

37. I like Toke Makinwa, Tiwa Savage and Arese Agwu.

38. I still have OCD.

39. I’m a jack of all trades and master of none.

40. Even at this age, I still don’t know which of my passions to focus on.

41. I’m afraid of accidental deaths. If I’m going to pass away, I would like to go quietly in my sleep and without drama.

42. I wish I’d studied Engineering or Medicine. I still insist I have the brains for it.

43. As I got older, I became more tolerant of people’s Idiosyncrasies.

44. I never thought it would happen, but I can’t keep up. with the latest songs, artists or what’s on the radio.

45. I have too many interests and passions. I want to take tech classes, enroll for Aptech, NIIT, nutrition classes, dance classes, you name it.

46. I worry a lot. When anyone is travelling by road or air, I’m partly scared they will have an accident and I will never see them again.

47. I have an over-dramatic imagination.

48. I don’t believe in soul mates or love at first sight and believe any relationship or marriage devoid of love can still thrive as long as there's respect and friendship.

49. I still don’t know my size of bra.

50. I’m actually not married to someone I can disrespect. Ever.

51. I’m a blind bat at night

52. I still don’t know how I ended up with my life partner. We are like poles apart. Whatever you think of me, he is the exact opposite

53. I think my daughter already prefers Hubby to me.

54. Everything you may have read about Capricorns, I am a true representation

55. I’ve never left the shores of the country due to extreme lack of interest and fear of plane capsizing into the ocean. I also get bored easily so sitting on a flight for more than 6 hours is non-appealing right now.

56. I wish I could be more candid on my blog but I’m kinda wary of offending people.

57. I get really upset when I see nasty messages and comments aimed at celebrities and popular figures.

58. I actually like President Buhari and believe he has the interest of Nigeria at heart but is misguided and his orientation to conflict resolution is outdated

59. I judge people’s intelligence based on their understanding of the language of sarcasm

60. I’m the least-jealous person in the world.

61. I worry way too much about stuff. It is still my worst quality and I hate it.

62. I hate any form of shopping.

63. I still have no idea what I want to do with my life per se.
             

If you noticed I shared more than 60 or still contesting the authenticity of my age,
you really need to get laid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments. I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions.