Thursday, August 12, 2010

LADY CHILD (Series)

                                                      THE ACID TEST.....

After the sad breaking up incident with Dapo(name not real), I decided to seek knowledge from friends I shared more than smiles with. I wanted to know why someone like me should get ditched. The problem couldn’t be coming from me. I felt justified in my anger and took my curiosity to my four best friends.

I got to the venue of our meeting point with the confident hope of being consoled and having a general discussion about the unimportance of men who can eat and call it quits at the same time.

    On getting there, I flopped on the sofa and automatically arranged my countenance to that of a girl who had been wrongly dealt with. At first, my four gloriously beautiful friends, seem so engrossed in the film, they barely acknowledged my presence.
But like an attention loving diva, I kept sighing heavily to garner attention to me.

I was still being ignored.
Sighing and turning on the leather sofa time to time, I discovered it was making an ingratiating and irritating noise which I liked considering the circumstances.
I was still ignored.
At that moment, I felt rightly neglected and abandoned.
 
Luckily for me, somewhere in another part of Lagos, a particular organization agreed with my mood and decided to render the only support they could possibly give. There was blackout.


I tried to suppress the glee that tried to force its way out of my lips. The Cheshire cat smile that was struggling to erupt from me was calmly deflated which I considered a great achievement. I couldn’t help but conclude I would be given their undivided attention. I waited for the usual fawning and similar coos of comfort and sympathy every girl gets from her friends when she gets jilted. I geared myself up for their attention.


Suddenly, like someone who discovered they had an unwelcome guest they had no choice than to attend to, they all turned to look at me, with expressions that shared an uncanny sameness.


Then, the other shoe dropped.

1 comment:

  1. ؛spɹɐƃǝɹ ʇsǝq

    ˙ǝʇısqǝʍ ɹno oʇ oƃ uɐɔ noʎ 'sʇuoɟ ǝnbıun puıɟ oʇ pǝǝu noʎ ɟı
    'ʎɐʍ ǝɥʇ ʎq

    0‾0 ǝɔıu sʞooן ƃoןq ɹnoʎ
    ¡ƃuıʇǝǝɹƃ ɯɹɐʍ ¡puǝıɹɟ ʎɯ oןןǝɥ

    ReplyDelete

Please share your comments. I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions.