Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Naija vs Obodo Oyinbo: To Build or Bolt?

Hubby can be bush and set in his ways sha. Choi! 

I have been begging for an American visa since he introduced himself to me, but mba! He no gree. Any-time I broach the subject to him and plead that he gets me several visas as the need to have them may come handy when we least expect, he reminds me of my ancestral commitment to make Nigeria a better place and how only he and I can contribute to making the world a better place and other stories I really really can do without, sincerely. At times, just to watch him work himself into a patriotic speech mode, I simply make the request again despite knowing what the outcome will be. 

He has never disappointed me.

And this lifetime achievement called marriage sef has not made it easy to decide to get one by myself and for myself and with my funds as we are now one and according to him, "we need to know where every kobo is going", so there goes my chance of being a yankee citizen. At least we know who will not be giving birth to any child in America or anywhere outside the country as I can literally hear his voice in my head, "what's wrong with St Nicholas Hospital or Eko Hospital or Omotayo Hospital? Is it not just to bring out the baby? I have this uncle who is very good and he knows how to deliver new babies........and he will go on and on." 

Very archaic perzin.

Any-time this tirade of being a hero to one's country comes up from him, I simply visualise him in Zulu clothes, standing at the war front with his bow and arrow while cheering his fellow fighters not to give up the struggle. Sighs

Ever since I could remember, I have always wanted to relocate to America, the land of all, the free country, where you can commit any crime and hide it under a wide range of ailment that psychologists will defend to the last. The land that permits you to tell your parents, "shut up", "get out", "oh, go to hell", "I hate you mum, dad", "I'm calling the police" or the worst of all, commit the most heinous of crimes with even a police officer as witness and get the best lawyers to defend you to the juror and you are free in the land of freedom.

Haaa, try that in Naija and you will choose your own casket by yourself.

Considering I read a lot, watch movies a lot and surf the net like every minute of each day, I have seen different countries in different lights; a country housing the homos n lesbos, a country housing very loquacious kids, a country where you can get away with any crime whatsoever so long as you have an extremely good lawyer to defend you, a country housing more left handed people than right handed ones, a country boasting of more divorces than childbirth, a country where racism is only on paper to have ended but actually hasn't because Africans are now being treated as second class citizens by Africans. The battle is no longer between whites & blacks but blacks & blacks.

Then it hit me.

Racism is also in Nigeria. Racism exists everywhere in Nigeria even though hypocrisy has been used to replace the term racism.

Oh crap!

I am actually tired of writing. It’s been a very very busy day and my brain just hit a cow. Anything I write outside this paragraph will be the most meaningless and senseless you may have ever come across as nothing productive is going to come out of me today again, I assure you.

So let’s call it a day and I will continue from here as soon as the cow leaves the way.

Over & out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments. I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions.