Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Call to Aspiring Entrepreneurs on 14-01-2014: "Crocodile In The Yangtze" (The Alibaba Story)


I love danger & thrive on huge risks.

There, it's out. I said it. *whew*

Which was why my adrenaline was pumping furiously when I came across this movie title. As soon as I heard the name "Crocodile in the Yangtze", mehn, see visual images I was having o. I had a very vivid but exciting image of some extremely dangerous carnivorous and hungry crocodiles tearing out the flesh of all my enemies like the cannibals in the movie "Wrong Turn 4". 

Don't you just love horror films!

My excitement knew no bounds and I went straight to the movie's website and even extended the search to imdb.com/spoilers to know if there were any survivors between the crocodiles and the humans as we all know there are usually no survivors in horror movies.

I clicked on the page with excited testosterones and furiously pumping heartbeat but to my bloodthirsty disappointment, nobody died and no shedding of blood, whatsoever. 

Dang!

Crocodile in the Yangtze


The movie focuses on the pains, gains, losses and finally triumphs of an English teacher that changed the world in his own way.(So all ye teachers, you don't have to limit yourself to the blackboard and the school assembly ground.)

Spread your wings, soar and flyyyyyyy! (Figuratively o)

"Crocodile in the Yangtze" is about winning and losing, counting losses and gains, taking innovative decisions that could make or mar your business, considering the risks of branching out and several innovative moves on the fast growing internet techies and other risky business ideas that could work for you or count against you and so many other risks that I love and thrive on taking!!!!  (Well, that I will take someday)

It is the story of how Alibaba.com came to be.

Now, maybe because my Bachelor's degree was centred along the Arts region and my Associate in the Business segment, this movie trailer and the unspoken reference and permeating presence of the win-lose motif throughout as shown in the trailer made me know this movie is a must watch for me. 

An esoteric statement by the way which some people are still trying to decipher. loool

I intend to be an entrepreneur someday and I already have an idea what I intend to dabble into and watching this movie will open eyes and minds to avenues & ways of handling competitions and how to grow in a very competitive world where second position does not count.

Yes o! For me, it's all or nothing. You are either in or out.

You want to learn about how one man changed his side of the world and still going strong despite many competitions &detractors around him?

Then “Crocodile in the Yangtze” is a must watch. If you are in the entrepreneurial field and have young leaders you currently mentor, this movie is a great idea to help get them started while building a high morale and passionate optimism which every aspiring entrepreneur MUST HAVE.

Tickets can be purchased on http://www.konga.com/crocodile-in-the-yangtze 

I'd be giving away 6 tickets by the way so if interested, just buzz me. Whoever has the initials: T, K, E, O, J, N, U, G, A, as the first letter of their first name or their last name gets one ticket. (Na one ticket per family/dynasty/clan o because una too like free tinzz)

Abeg, you will buy your popcorn yasef. Awoof get limit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments. I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions.