Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Resignation

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an eight-year-old again.

I want to go to Amusement Park & Water Parks and think that it's Disneyland in Nigeria.

I want to play kites again and roll tyre across a fresh mud puddle and play Daddy & Mummy with my neighbours once again.

I want to think Goody Goody,  M&K,Gogo and Fudge, Dash are better than money becos you can actually eat them.

I want  my Mummy to take me and my siblings to Pacific Merchant Bank's End of the Year Party once again with the Adebayos', Aladesanmis', the Georges', the Adelekes' while we have marvellous fun deciding who can dance horribly better.

I want to return to a time when life was simple, when all you knew were colors, multiplication tables and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.All you knew was to be happy, because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.

I want my Daddy alive to promise us as usual to take us to Amusement park again "One of these Days" that never came.
I want to still visit the Rahimis', the Ademosuns' and Uncle Greg for lunch every weekend.
I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simply again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, Sunrays, Ciscos, remedy, TABS, MINSAT, mountains of paperwork, Project Management, Customer's Complaints, Friends getting married and picking different aso ebis that will redden my bank account, productivity and performance consciousness from Team Leads, and other depressing news, how to survive when there are more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, mankind and making meals with sands around the house.
I want to play with my dolls, toys and ma brother's old soldiers, elephant and  toy cars and my days of imagination to last forever.

So here are my financially disabled atm cards, digital camera, my four phones, my 3 flash drives, my ipod, my memory cards,cheque books, wages slip, and laptop, my debts and my bank statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first because,"Who is in the Garden? A little fine girl! Can i come and see her? No, no, no, no. You, follow me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments. I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions.