Saturday, October 26, 2013

......And the winner is Sarcasm!!!

I cannot categorically mention why , how or when I became such a sarcastic chic who enjoys using sarcasm in daily conversations. All I remembered was that my name became synonymous to sarcasm. I mean, are you kidding me!!! Being sarcastic is really just the best way to handle some people, I mean seriously, when people state the obvious, how best are you suppose to respond?
Imagine your mother sending you on an errand and you come back to meet her sitting directly opposite a table and you still ask......



What response were you expecting, really? Or how best do you respond to someone seeing you at the office and still asks,.....
"Oh are you still here". And you go like, *straight face*. Why do people have the need to state the obvious?
I'm a pretty sarcastic person and close acquaintances will attest to that. I have zero tolerance for mediocre intelligence. And really you do not need intelligence to stay away from asking some questions. I mean.....


And ironically, hubby hates it with a passion but I live for it. He usually has this furious expression on his face especially when I resort to sarcasm in the face of anger. I mean, when is the best time to get shielded in the cocoon of sarcasm if not in times of serious couple spat. And I find it so adorably hilarious when I make use of it and hubby does not catch up on time and actually fall for it. But when he finally gets the joke, he does his straight face and warns me never to use it on him again. Hahaha. Like that's ever going to happen! Who will I take it out on if not the guy who gave my family 42 tubers of yam and has sworn to pass down the information to our generation unborn!!! In fact, I look forward to being asked the obvious. At times, I encourage the other party to ask dumb related questions. And when they do, I go....


I mean, come on! It's only logical that.....



I however have discovered that only intelligent and smart people truly understand the language of sarcasm. At times, it sounds harsh and it comes out like the sarcastic party is mean, but really, when you weigh the question you just asked and the person's response, you know deep in your heart that.....

So for lovers of sarcasm, keep it fiery and know that...



N:B: Please be informed that this post is not directed to any individual, party nor with intent to harm, abuse, or make anyone feel bad. As usual, it is meant to create humour and lighten situations. So if this article did not produce a smile from you, then it's not my fault that your problems are bigger than my post.

3 comments:

  1. lmaoooo..thebest part of this post is " N:B: Please be informed that this post is not directed to any individual, party nor with intent to harm, abuse, or make anyone feel bad. As usual, it is meant to create humour and lighten situations. So if this article did not produce a smile from you, then it's not my fault that your problems are bigger than my post"

    You should format the posts dear, this white thing aint working..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for that Ifeanyiga. Will def work on that.

      Delete
  2. *STANDING OVATION*
    Its a thing of joy to discover people who appreciate sarcasm as much as I do.
    It's a true art form.
    BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your comments. I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions.