Wednesday, October 23, 2013

To my Unborn Kids: How I Met Your Domestically Challenged Father.

The post/article below may seem familiar to those that know our story or those that were opportune to view it from the site that requested for my side of the story.

However, I have decided to take ownership of story(since I wrote it and yeah, it is my story) and post on my blog, for the benefits of those that do not know how I met my better half, my honey spice, my very own adunbarin, the most annoying guy I have ever been lucky to fall in love and frustrate for the rest of our lives, and the father of my brilliant and beautiful but unborn triplets.(2 girls, one boy. Amen)
He was teaching me a level of Grace i still do not understand 
"20th April 2013 Mr & Mrs Fola Alade decided it was high time they took their relationship to the next level. Their story on how it all started is quite touching *wipes tears* and fascinating *yearning and longing* HAPPY READING"(http://www.naijaontop.com/2013/04/wedding-with-mr-mrs-fola-alade-how-it-all-started/)

"The first time I met your father, I will be lying if I use the old age famous cliché statement “I knew he was the one”. What I can confidently say was that we had so much to talk about. And that may just have been because he was a lawyer and I was a customer service rep, hence two people in the talkative career angle.

We met through a mutual friend and we lost contact after a while. We were also both in separate serious relationships that we were kind of hoping will lead to marriage. So it was not like there were any stolen kisses or lustrous glances. However, let me add here though we were both “happy” in our relationships and do not keep in touch except once in a while, there was this silent, quiet, ever-present kind of feelings we had towards each other; you know those kind of feelings that you silently wish for in a quiet manner without any dramatic move to ensure it comes to reality. Let’s just say we both knew back then that if we both became single at the same time, something will definitely happen between us.

Few months down the line, I became single, upset with the male generation and slightly bitter. He was the bedrock I leaned on as we chat often about mundane things while he talks about when he would propose to his girlfriend back then. Let me chip in here that after I became single and he was still in a relationship, I never for one moment wished he were mine. This was because he was also affected by my generic hatred for the male species then so i had no feelings for him.
The situation became more interesting when his relationship hit the rocks. I was the only person that was able to console him. We talked non-stop on the phone and deliberated on what might or could have been with our past partners. All of a sudden, things became awkward between us as we began to notice our relationship status and our respective lack of relationship partners. Then he dared to ask me on a date when I came into Lagos from Abuja. It was so awkward and stilted as we did not know how to do a smooth transient from being friends to being admirers, and possibly lovers. Then one day, he summoned up the courage to ask me out and I told him out rightly, “I can never date you or be Mrs Fola Alade”.
I did not keep to that vow successfully because on December 30, 2009, I started a relationship with him which galvanised into him presenting to me an engagement ring in a most romantic way.
I was so soapily in love it was downright embarrassing.
He caught me by surprise!! I mean, I always pride myself as immune to surprises and apparently he was prepared for me.
A week before the proposal, he told me his sisters were organizing a small banquet to celebrate their new status so they had arranged a buffet party at a 5 star restaurant in the heart of Opebi, Ikeja. And to make it so credible and plausible, his sisters also called me to know if I would be free that day.
Now, you should understand that I knew, or rather suspected he was the one I was going to spend the rest of my life annoying, but whether he would propose or when he will propose is what I was not certain but he always told me “I will surprise you on the day I will propose to you”. This, I naturally doubted of course!
On the D-day, arriving at the venue, I saw lots of our friends and I was like “wow, d sisters are really going all out to celebrate. The next thing, after several helpings of food by everyone and we were all sharing some camaraderie, his sisters got up and started giving false speeches, (now that I think about it), thanking everyone for coming and all. While all this was going on, we were on our own seats and he took my hands and started thanking God for the gift of me but, I STILL DID NOT GET IT!!!! I think what jolted me was when one of my favourite artist, ORI came out with his guitar and started singing and playing his instrument and when I turned to my boo, I SAW HIM ON HIS KNEES WITH THE RING CASE ON HIS PALM!!!!
Yes, I cried. So sweet 
I started weeping like I broke my new Louboutin heels. It was so sweet and teary, and naturally, I said YES! And he was so shy while proposing. He was actually stuttering and all low voiced for someone who is naturally vocal. I mean, he actually went on his knees!! A whole Lag big boy! That was d best and most successfully planned proposal I have ever seen or heard of, without sounding biased.
One year and nine months after saying yes to this special man, we walked down the aisle in the presence of our families and loved ones and I couldn’t have chosen better. The wedding ceremony preparation is another dramatic story altogether.
He was actually telling me here that he will show me now that his family has given my family 42 tubers of yam.(He reminds me of that every single day.) 

4 comments:

  1. I trust Flow to pull these manner of stunts. Good read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, really nice. Imagine you with em super powers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know!!! Before they took it from me. *sniffs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. I cant wait for mine..I bet mine would be more romantic[Praying].

    ReplyDelete

Please share your comments. I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions.